- A Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation - Library of Congress
- All Law - comprehensive legal directory and search engine.
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- American Civil Liberties Union Freedom Network
- American Law Sources On Line - full-text legal documents from the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. U.S. contents include: Decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. District and Circuit Courts, State Court of Appeals, State Constitutions, Codes, and Legislation and more.
- American Patent & Trademark Law Center - information about patents and trademarks, a warning about inventor scams, a fee trademark online search, and a "ask a patent attorney a question" form that allows visitors to ask a patent or trademark question and get a free answer from a patent attorney.
- Appellate Counsellor Home Page
- Attorney Finder
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law - Web site of nonprofit organization devoted to advocacy for the legal rights of those with mental disabilities.
- Bitlaw: a Resource on Technology Law - site contains over 1,800 pages on patent, copyright, trademark, and Internet legal issues. The major topics covered include Patent Law, Software Patents, Trademark Law, Internet Law, Legal Links, Copyright Law, Primary Sources, and Forms and Contracts.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics - "Statistics about - Crime and victims, Drugs and crime, Criminal offenders, The justice system in the United States, Law enforcement, Prosecution, Courts and sentencing, Corrections, Justice expenditure and employment."
- Class Action Litigation Information - "A legal research source for attorneys and a free service to assist consumers in understanding class action lawsuits, government, consumer issues and the legal system."
- Class Action Lawsuits - legal facts, current actions, and "how to" opinions.
- Class Action Lawsuits - Yahoo!
- The Code of Federal Regulations
- CommonLaw.com - for all who enjoy legal history and theory.
- Constitutional Law Materials - Outline of the main provisions of the U.S. Constitution, with links to relevant sections, posted by the Legal Information Institute of Cornell University Law School. Includes background material such as the Articles of Confederation and The Federalist papers as well as a comprehensive database of Supreme Court decision, with case summaries and texts of majority and dissenting opinions.
- Cornell University Law School: Constitution of the United States
- Copyright Clearance Center
- Copyright Website, The - "This site endeavors to provide real world, practical and relevant copyright information of interest to infonauts, netsurfers, webspinners, content providers, musicians, appropriationists, activists, infringers, outlaws, and law abiding citizens."
- Courts.net - The purpose of Courts.net is to provide a single site from which to find any trial-level courts Web site and to help trial courts set up Web sites.
- Crash Course in Copyright - online tutorial on copyright.
- Divorce Online
- Divorce Support Page, The
- Duhaime.org - Legal Resources
- Earthjustice - 'Because the earth needs a good lawyer.'
- Electronic Frontier Foundation, The
- Employment Discrimination: An Overview - site has a comprehensive overview of employment discrimination laws, as well as links to federal and state statutes, federal agency regulations, federal and state judicial decisions, and other employment law topics. Part of the Legal Information Institute at Cornell Law School.
- Family Law in the Fifty States - tables providing a quick view of various aspects of family law for the fifty states in the areas of alimony/spousal support factors, custody criteria, child support guidelines, grounds for divorce and residency requirements, property division, and third-party visitation.
- Famous American Trials - "This site contains accounts, maps, photos, transcript excerpts and other materials relating to over 56 famous trials, from Socrates to the Scopes to O. J. Simpson. The Web's largest collection of primary documents and original materials pertaining to famous trials."
- Federal Bureau of Investigation - Profiles and photographs of the bureau's most wanted criminals, overview of principal programs, including the Violent Criminal Apprehension Program and the National Computer Crime Squad, summaries of major ongoing investigations, and employment listings.
- Federal Communications Law Journal
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Federal Register
- FedWorld.gov: Supreme Court Decisions - "Search and View Full Text of Supreme Court Decisions Issued between 1937 and 1975."
- FindForms - "Find thousands of free legal forms, rental agreements, contracts, leases, notices, and letters with our specialized legal form search engine."
- FindLaw - "Find law and legal information including lawyers for legal advice, legal rights or legal help to your legal issues."
- FirstGov: Laws and Regulations
- FreeAdvice.com - "Free Legal Advice is the best law site for consumers, with easy to understand answers to legal questions from expert lawyers, attorneys available Free to help you, legal forms, links to prepaid plans, trial courts, state and federal laws, and a directory."
- Fugitive Watch
- Global Legal Studies Journal
- Guide to Law Online - The Guide to Law Online, prepared by the U.S. Law Library of Congress Public Services Division, is an annotated guide to sources of information on government and law available online. It includes selected links to useful and reliable sites for legal information.
- Historical Documents - The Avalon Project at Yale Law School
- Incoming One-L FAQ - First year law students
- Internet Law Library - site containing 8900 Internet Law resources organized by subject and jurisdiction, in addition to the basic documents of U.S. law. The site also currently provides full text searchable copies of the U.S. Code and the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Internet Law Library - Pritchard Law Webs
- Internet Legal Resource Guide
- Interpol - International Criminal Police Organization
- Jurist: The Law Professors' Network
- Kappler's Indian Affairs: Laws and Treaties - full text of over 300 U.S. Government treaties with Native Americans from 1778-1883.
- Katsuey Legal Links
- LLI: American Legal Ethics Library - Legal Information Institute Cornell University
- LLRX - Law Library Resource Xchange newsletter focuses on research, management and technology topics for legal professionals. Includes feature articles and directory of law related resources.
- LSAC.org - "Welcome to the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). We are committed to easing the law school admission process for law schools, prelaw advisors, and prospective law students."
- Law Engine, The - "The Web's premier legal research page, dedicated to providing the law profession and interested consumers with a quick overview of hundreds of quality on-line legal sources in a fast, easy-to-use format!"
- Law Guru - Law Guru provides links to access over 200 legal search engines. The site begins with a comprehensive table of pages and provides law-related links to all three branches of the U.S. government, federal and state court cases and opinions, federal and state codes and laws/legal associations and state bars.
- Law Information - Site by the American Bar Association offering information on legal topics that affect your daily life, from 'Family' to 'Your Job' to 'Buying and Selling' to 'Finding a Lawyer.'
- Law Resources - Digital Librarian.
- Law Self Help - Legal Information Institute Cornell Law School.
- Laws.com - "Attorney and Law Firm Information and Directory. Find Legal Information, Laws and local Attorneys."
- Laws.com: Find a Lawyer - "Lawyer Directory - Find Best Lawyers in your area and Ask a Free Question in any area of practice."
- Lawyers.com - "Accurate and reliable profiles of one million attorneys and firms worldwide. Listings are continuously updated and scrupulously reviewed by the entrant before release."
- 'Lectric Law Library, The - "Dozens of Legal Topic Areas, Law Dictionary, the Internet Law Library and various bizarre roadside legal attractions."
- Legal Dictionary Merriam-Webster
- Legal Dictionary - Duhaime
- Legal Engine - "Law Search and Legal Search Engine with Government and Court links for Attorneys, Professors, Students, and the Public."
- Legal Material by Subject -Topics - Cornell Law School
- Legaldocs - legal documents, contracts and law documents. Interactive preparation on the Internet.
- Legalethics.com - The most comprehensive set of links and resources relating to the ethical issues facing the legal profession by Internet use.
- Legal Links U.S. States and Territories - This site by the Law Library of Congress provides legal links to all the States and Territories of the United States, including links to general resources such as State Libraries and State Web sites.
- LegalMinds - FindLaw
- Legal Research - "LRC has three levels of service. First, is this Demonstration page of 20,000 legal resources, which is a free public service. Second, is a free test trial account for legal professionals with some 30,000 legal resources links. Third, is our commercial version 20.0 which contains over 200,000 legal resource links worldwide. We know of no other Law site on the Internet, which is even half as comprehensive!"
- LegalZen - "Online legal document preparation services for estate planning, trademarks, corporations, LLC, Wills and others.
- LegalZoom - "Online legal document preparation services for estate planning, trademarks, corporations and others."
- Lemon Law America - Site is resource for consumers with defective vehicles or products. A visit to this site familiarizes you with the lemon statutes in your state and offers tips on how to proceed if you think you've got a "lemon".
- Lexis-Nexis Communication Center
- Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Locator
- National Federation of Paralegals Associations
- MedicalMalpracticeLawyers.com - "Our free, no obligation service connects you to medical malpractice lawyers in your state who can answer your questions."
- National Federation of Paralegals Associations
- Native American Legal Resources - links to various American Indian cultural, historical, and legal resources, especially Tribal and Nation Web sites and the Native American Constitution and Law Digitization Project.
- Nolo.com: Free Legal Articles and Solutions - "Thousands of free articles on everyday legal topics. Our articles are accurate, up to date, and written in plain English."
- Officer.com - "The police source. Leading news and information source for the police, law enforcement community."
- Oyez Oyez Oyez - provides information about major constitutional cases heard and decided by the Supreme Court; includes digital recordings of the Court's proceedings.
- Paralegal 411 - "Paralegal411 provides a launch pad for individuals interested in getting started as a paralegal with information on finding paralegal schools to getting your first job."
- Prison Legal News - "Prison Legal News is an independent 48-page monthly magazine that provides a cutting edge review and analysis of prisoner rights, court rulings and news about prison issues."
- Rominger Legal Services - "Rominger Legal Services legal link page provides legal research links, case law, statutes, regulations, and other law related information. This free legal research site is designed specifically to meet the on-line research needs of attorneys and legal professionals. The public is also welcome to use our legal research links, searches, and other legal resources."
- Rules of Order - In 1876 General Henry M. Robert set out to bring the rules of the American Congress to members of ordinary societies with the publication of Pocket Manual of Rules of Order. It sold half a million copies before this revision of 1915 and made Robert's name synonymous with the orderly rule of reason in deliberative societies.
- The Securities Law Home Page - "The Online Guide to the Law of the Financial Markets. One of the Web's most popular legal sites created by securities attorney Mark Astarita, the site providescomprehensive and timely information on securities, commodities and corporate. A must read for securities attorneys, investors and market professionals. Updated weekly."
- Supreme Court Of the United States Home Page
- Supreme Court Justices - This site offers comprehensive biographical information on every Supreme Court justice from John Jay to Stephen Breyer. It includes details on each justice's personal life, education, legal career and case participation, as well as his or her predecessor and successor.
- Supreme Court Rulings
- Tarlton Law Library
- Trademark Law Materials
- United States Code - Entire Text
- United States Sentencing Commission
- United States Supreme Court Decisions - FindLaw
Search Net ]
[ Facts Subject Index ]
[ Facts Encyclopedia ] [ Newspapers USA/World ] [ Report Broken Links ]
[ Fast Facts ]
[ First Things First ] [ Quick Reference ] [ Site Map ]
[ Top of Page ] [ HOME ]
MY FACTS PAGE - LAW/LEGAL INFORMATION RESOURCES
Updated: June 24, 2014