Search Net ]
[ Facts Subject Index ]
[ Facts Encyclopedia ] [ Newspapers USA/World ] [ Report Broken Links ]
[ Fast Facts ]
[ First Things First ] [ Quick Reference ] [ Site Map ] [ HOME ]
1995 - 2005
CELEBRATING TEN YEARS
ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB
Comments and Testimonials Archive: 2006 / 2005 / 2004 / 2003 / 2002 / 2001
Readers' Responses to Refdesk's Ten Years on the World Wide Web: 1995 - 2005 ----- Thank You!
- "Greetings. I'm an English teacher from West Des
Moines, Iowa. I've known about your site, and even occassionally
recommended it to students, for two or three years. However, only
today did I really take a couple of hours to go through the whole site
extensively. I want to tell you this is the most useful and
comprehensive website I've seen. Just now I made it my homepage
(largely because you made it so easy to access Yahoo! Mail in the
pulldown menu), and I will be even more strongly encouraging my
students to use it in their research and everyday browsing. I'll also
make a monetary donation as soon as I am able. The highest kudos to
you for such a wonderful website." - R.S..
- "Thank you for being an oasis of sanity in this crazy world of internet
madness." - L.T.
- "Hello - I just wanted to say thanks for Refdesk. I use it everyday and
have for over 3 years. I was taking a computer class at school and
one of the textbooks had a picture of the Refdesk page as an example,
and that's how I learned about it. Discovering Refdesk was the best
thing I learned from the class. Thanks.... it is great." - M.S.
- "I just discovered refdesk.com and am totally astounded at the amount
of information that I see! Congratulations to you for the outstanding
work and how proud you must be to be part of it. I've made it my home
page so will be visiting many times! " - D.D.
- "I am teacher for a public school in Santa Catarina Pinula. A litle
town in Guatemala. My students and myself are very grateful for your
excellent page that has been very useful for our education. keep on
your great effort and thank you." - G.B.
- "I would like to contribute to your effort in keeping with the mission
of communicating with people like us, people who may not be like us,
but use the site to communicate to gain insight as far as their goals
are concerned. I love the site!! I have encouraged my students to
check out the site for homework, facts, etc. It's a great site , and
I would hate to see it be a 'non-survivor' in this world of 'stupid
survivors'! Keep up the good work, let me know how I can help, ok?" - J.H.
- "I'm not sure when I began using "refdesk" as my home page. Eight years is my guess. I've come to think of it as a safe harbor amidst the clamor. It is the nexus of my internet
activities and I am grateful for it. I take comfort from its appearance on my screen.
It has become a digital yardstick - telling me that things are working well. Thank you." - S.
- "I'm a high school kid and i spend a lot of time on the internet,
but in a pretty casual manner. I just thought you guys should know
that your site rocks. I have been a Refdesk user for 7 or 8 years and
I've never sent you any comments before so I figured I was overdue.
Refdesk is straight up the best homepage i have ever used and i have
converted many, many of my friends to refdesk junkies. Your site is
very mellow and low-key yet it is absolutely stacked with news,
references, and powerful search engines. There is simply no better
place to turn for references and absolutely no better way to access
the web. Keep up the good work." - R.C.
- "Thank you so much for all you do. I love your site, and
donate every year - beyond the suggested amount, because it's worth
it. Refdesk.com is the most useful resource on the entire internet.
Thanks again!" - S.M.
- "Your mission regularly restores my faith in promise of the Internet.
Thank You!" - G.S.
- "Shock and Awe ...are the words I use to describe my amazement
with your site. You are, and will remain, my homepage as long as I
own a computer. You folks have created the ultimate information tool
for everyone; students, teachers, professors, sports enthusiasts,
gardeners, theatre/arts junkies, news addicts, dads and moms trying to
help their kids...virtually anyone who uses their computer to find
things out. I know of no other site that puts so many
reference/research links right in front of the user. I find new and
interesting sites almost everytime I log on. Very cool! I am
an 8th grade Social Studies teacher and I have recommended to all my
students and fellow teachers that they make refdesk.com their
homepage. Your links are so easy to use and understand. Links are
always current and accessible from refdesk.com." - R.I.
- "Just wanted to say Thanks. I've been using your site since late 1995, it will be 10 years in Nov. I have highly recommended your site to families with children of all ages. And encouraged them to make your site their home page or at the very least a favorite/bookmark (even in the 28.8 days). I worked telephone tech support for many national companies (Microsoft, AT&T WorldNet in the late 90's) and suggested your site numerous times on the phone. Now I work as a Helpdesk Analyst for a large corporation and I still recommend your site for people at home and work. I finally got around to contributing to your site tonight, I'm sorry I was this late supporting you with money. Your page, has been, and remains a breath of fresh air in these days of more and more smog on the web. Keep up the good work." - D.S.
- "Refdesk is certainly the most useful and easy-to-use web site. I have
a wide variety of interests and am greatly impressed with the reliable
stuff you have. I would never consider any other home page. And I
sppreciate not only the vast resources you make available but also the
lack of annoying popups and other distractions. Please keep it up." - B.B.
- "RefDesk is one of the greatest sites I have ever been to. No matter
what I need you offer it. I have only used RefDesk for 6 months, but
it's the website I visit the most. Whether I am doing homework,
building websites, or preparing for the Spelling Bee, RefDesk is the
place to be. You offer everything I could ever need. I have
recommended RefDesk to all my friends. Thank you for the greatest site
I have ever been to!" - T.B.C.
- "I love refdesk. Enormous amounts of easily accessed information. Thank you for offering such a comprehensive and user friendly site." - E.C.
- "Thanks for your wonderful website. It's my homepage and I use it
everyday. My friends and family come to me for web research quite
often. But I always tell them that a good place to start for many
searches is Refdesk.com. Thanks for getting rid of the pop-ups too.
That promted me to make my first donation of support to Refdesk." - E.C.
- "I would like to pass along kudos for this wonderful website! There is
so much information - whether I am looking for something specific or
just trying to find something thought provoking and intelligent to
read. I use it regularly, probably daily! And since I work at a
college, I am able to show it to students also. Thank you." - M.W.
- Thank you for putting this incredible
site together and making it available for free. My husband and I both
use it daily and I have given the link to many friends and family
members. Thanks again for the incredible work you do. Your site has gotten me through many term papers and exams as I continue my education." - M.G.
- "Wonderful. Refdesk.com is the site I turn to for finding information.
Please keep it coming for 100 more years." - R.P.
- "Refdesk.com has become my "go to" reference site. When asked "How did
you find that?", I respond,"Just fo to refdesk.com!" Thank you for
such a well-organized, easily navigated website!" - J.M.
- "I first discovered your website through "Arts & Letters Daily"
(www.aldaily.com). Yours is one of the two or three sites I have
visited daily (that is, EVERY day) for the last five years (excepting
family vacations). Be it David Lettermans' Top Ten, opinion pieces
that make me go "Hhhmmm!", or random hits from the far left column,
there is always a nugget in there that I can take with me. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" - G.M.
- "I have been using RefDesk since 1996. You have designed
and lovingly maintained and grown the BEST Blueprint for the Internet
of any site I have viewed. Congratulations on your achievement and
your tireless commitment. RefDesk is an inspiration to me and I am
sure to everyone who probes its awesome depths." - P.W.
- "Thank you for one of the best reference sources on the web." - J.N.
- "I just finished reading some of the feed back you have received. I
agree with all of it but would like to add that, as a Canadian, I
appreciate the Canadian Postal Code access. I also hope you live
forever so that this site will be maintained for that long.
Congratulations on ten years of good service. Thanks from Canada." - B.A.
- "I was referred to this site back in 1998 and since then it
has become my one and only home page for headlines ,photos, qoutes,
reference, etc. This is just to let the refdesk staff know that the
work put into the site daily is appreciated by myself and probably
thousands like me. Keep up the good work!" - B.E.
- "I check this website daily. As this is a must, perhaps like a
horoscope to others. I also always recommend this site FIRST!
Thank you for the insight everyday." - A.A.
- "This probably the best overall site I have ever used. I have
recommended it to all of my friends on the net. I have found tons of
useful information in the short time since I found the site. Many,
many thanks for such a great place to spend an evening." - S.Q.
- "To say that I enjoy Refdesk would be such an understatement. I'm
always checking Refdesk for news, information, help, etc., etc., etc.
You can't imagine my initial joy in discovering your wonderful site.
During the time of my initial viewings, I must have spent days & days
exploring & acquainting myself with most of all that Refdesk has to
offer." - B.
- "I have come to depend on this comprehensive site as the place to start
when I need information from the web. Keep up the good work!" - T.W.
- "What a great site this is! I've used it for years to read newspapers,
check the weather, check the spelling of words, find synonyms and a
million and one other things. Thank you for your work." - H.G.
- "Reference Desk is truely a great site. I've had it as my Home Page
for years and I don't ever plan to change it. Your site is one I can
trust to be informative and never crude or problematic. Whenever
someone asks me how to get here or there on the Web, I try to start
them out at Refdesk.com. If I do, I know that they will remember how
helpful your site is and that they will return tp it in the future.
Keep up the good work!" - J.S.
- "I recently found refdesk.com and discovered it is full of all kids of information, I love it. Now I use it as my home page. I don't think there is ever enought information
on any website, but this website I love, and will continue to use it for
as long as you keep it. Thanks." - T.G.
- "Refdesk has been my homepage for six years and there is no reason to
change it!" - B.A.
- "Just wanted you to know that I appreciate your site SO much! It's
fantastic and I know it must take MUCH work to keep it as great as it
is! Thank you for doing this!" - L.C.
- "I really like the drop down menus and I am sure to like the added
RefDesk quick links as well. I am a professional developer for
technology and I demonstrate RefDesk for teachers in elementary to
High School as a tool for research and use in lesson plans. You should
have a lot more users these days! They all seem to like it!
Thanks." - C.E.
- "Refdesk is wonderful. I still have not really gotten around all the
features of this site. I used to use it just for a reference site,
but now it is my homepage. Keep up the good work!" - W.M.
- "I love the new "Reference Desk" drop-down. It further simplifies
access to some very commonly used links on your fabulous page.
Thanks for continuing to improve an already stellar website." - V.F.
- "For several years now refdesk has been my homepage, and out of
all the other web pages I have had for a homepage over the past 12
years, your's is by far the most enjoyable. Sure, it's informative,
chocked full of just about any kind of information that one could
possibly have a need for, but it is enjoyable because you can rely on
it to be what it says it is, a reference desk of information. Thank you for a job well done!" - D.
- "I've read other feedback and have to agree but feel no words do the
value of your site justice. I was recommended to your site by a
student of mine (I'm a software instructor) about 3 years ago and have
had you for my home page since. I try to tell as many people as I can
about your site because the value is, well invaluable! We will continue to support you and your efforts through financial support as well as word of mouth. Thank you tremendously!" - R.
- "I've had refdesk as my homepage for as long as I had a computer. I use
it all the time. My girls use it for references for their school
assignments. Keep up the great work. Thank You!" - F.R.
- "I was told about Refdesk by my computer instructor at the VA
low vision rehab program at West Haven, Connectcut, three years ago.
I have never used any other home page for the WWW and don't know what
I would do without it. It simplifies my seaches for...well...anything.
Whether writing, or looking for news, or a little diversion, there is easy and quick access. With the help of a magnification program (the VA gave us ZoomText )the world is at my
fingertips. I tell everyone about Refdesk. keep up the good work,
and THANK YOU!" - D.M.
- "During the past ten years,I have witnessed your site become the best
source for information and reference on the internet.
Congratulations! You can count on my continued support." - B.S.
- "Just had to let you know, Refdesk is the best site on the net
for info or where to go to get info. I sent some money once, but
don't rememember how much. If you have a record of this, I would like
to know how much I gave, so I can match or perhaps increase it.
Naturally, you are my home page on the Net. Thanks, and I hope you
never close down." - B.L.
- "I'd like to commend you for your website refdesk.com. I've been a
constant visitor of your site for over 3 years now. I recommend it to
everyone I know with internet access. Most make it their homepage. In
my opinion your website has been the most useful site on the net for
me and many others. I like to venture to it when I can't think of
anything interesting to type into a search engine. I always find
interesting reading at your site or one of your many links. Thanks for
a job well done. I hope refdesk.com is a permanent spot on the web for
the rest of my life. Without it I'd get bored a lot more often." - R.Y.
- "I have now had refdesk as my homepage for over 2 years, and it
continues to be my favorite site on the web. Many of my friends and
family have also been "converted." Please keep it up!" - K.K.
- "I have been using and recommending this web site
almost since the begining and do so appreciate the work that you do.
Things like keeping the ads off the site, graphical nonsense to a
minimum(not quite as minimal as your son's site, but I like a
*little* color!) but most of all the personal oversight that is so
evident here. I can without hesitation recommend refdesk.com to my
pastor, parents, and children knowing they will be in good hands
because you have fastidiously maintained your links and content.
Anyway, thanks again for doing what you do, you have enriched my life
and truly blessed us by giving your oversight to such a vast
collection of links & portals to the internet's richness." - S.D.
- "This is the most useful website I have encountered on the internet. I
go to this site everyday to check out the daily suggested websites.
The information contained within the website is extraordinary. Almost
everything you need to know or find out about is located here. I just
find Refdesk.com a fascinating conglomeration of the most necessary
information available." - J.
- "Congratulations on your anniversary. Refdesk has been my
home page for longer than I can remember. From my point
of view there is no better resource on the internet." - S.N.
- "I saw this site many years ago in some computer magazine promoting the
best sites on the web. I don't know what happened to the rest, but
you are still there and I use it daily. Please stay there." - B.F.
- "When I tell people about refdesk I refer to it as "the singlemost
useful jumping-off site on the web." I suppose I could say more,
but that pretty much says it all donchathink?" - S.S.
- "I am a high school student and also
work for my Public School System. We are building a web page just for
high school students to go to and use for their information in
practing for the PSAT's and SAT's. I think that you all at refdesk.com have done a great job in
putting up a good display for us young teens. Thanks again and I will
share this web page with all my friends so that they are ahead of the
game. God Bless and Thanks Again!" - D.B.
- "Of all the 'labors of love' in the WWW, this is the "IT"
Do hope, when you decide to retire from it, someone, with the same enthusiasm
and dedication, will take it over. Congratulations and Feliz Decimo Aniversario." - H.P.
- "Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary of refdesk.com!
I've been referring folks to your site for years, and I continually
find it to be one of the most useful sites on the web. Thanks for
providing such a terrific service!" - T.D.
- "I have often wondered how you folks keep up with. and
find the News days before it is on TV. I have spent day's and weeks
chasing down the sites and expanding my mind, I hope. You Do a great
Job!" - P.D.
- "One of the most useful sites on the entire internet.
Never had a need for another home page, it's ALL here!" - J.E.
- "I like the subtle changes to the site I've use Refdesk as my home page for over 5 yrs and advised my friends & associates all over the country to do so also. Well rounded information resource. GREAT SITE! Just thought I'ld send an "atta boy" and say thanks." - J.Z.
- "I would personally like to say a big "THANK YOU" for
providing a great site your viewers. It was recommended to me by an
instructor in college. I visit the site every day, it is very helpful
in so many ways with my personal and education lives. As a matter of
fact, I have it in my favorite. Please keep up the great work and
valuable information you provide to your viewers." - M.B.
- "Congratulations on your 10 years. I know when I first received your
address link years ago and accessed the site, I've been using it ever
since and definitely refer it to many people. I love this site and you
guys really do a great job." - V.M.
- "I have had Refdesk.com as my homepage for a while and it
has been such a help with business and orginization. I would like to
thank you and to encourage the sucess of Refdesk.com." - B.V.
- "I am a Marine stationed in Twentynine Palms CA and my fellow Marines
and I want to thank you for have a very informative site. We use it
daily to find much needed information. The news and search links help
us find things in a hurry. Again thank you and keep up the good
work. Semper Fi." - C.A.
- "My Dad has had this site as his home page for as long as we have had
internet, and now that I have moved out, I still keep it as my home
page. I always find something interesting to read or look at through
refdesk, and always learn something new. My sincere thanks." - D.
- "Refdesk.com has been my home page for almost all those years. I must
admit that every so often I look around to see if anything else is out
there to out-satisfy my needs. Surely, I think, I didn't find the
very best site all those years ago on the first try. And then I find
out I did." - C.B.
- "I have to tell you that I have never been so impressed with a web
page before. I was staying with a friend when her cousin showed us
this page and I immediately fell in love with it. I have already used
it numerous times, compared to others where I hardly looked at them.
And I have made sure to pass it along to others that I know and that I
think will enjoy. You have done an amazing job here and are to be
highly COMMENDED FOR IT! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND FOR
LETTING ME BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE USE OF IT!" - D. H.
- "I'm not being rude nor am I shouting. I am merely being emphatic and
sincere when I say "THANK YOU!" Refdesk has been my homepage for many
years. Each day is an adventure and an education. Your dedication and
tenacity is unparalleled. Refdesk's mission statement is a beacon of
light on a foggy sea. You should be very, very proud." - B.P.
- "I'm writing you not as a pity thing. I've been laid off for over a
year, however, sooner or later I'll once again find employment.
When I'm situatuated, I will be sending a contribution to your site.
I've recommended your site to anyone who has the least interest in
needing information or learning. Its absolutely remarkable. Oddly
enough your site was recommended to me by a fellow worker who was not
a nice co-worker. I was glad when he left town to take a job in
another state. I look at your site as the one good thing he did when he told me about it. Keep up the good work - incredible source of information." - R.T.
- "I've said it before and it's worth repeating, you have the most
awesome homepage website of any on the Web. The constant flow of
information and archives you place at our fingertips is amazing. You
deserve all the respect and admiration expressed about you. May the
new year hold nothing but wonderful things, more success, superior
health, neverending resources and a desire to accumulate information
for the masses, and lots of money to run your site. You are loved by
many. Best wishes." - P.T.
- "After using yahoo for several years, I started looking for something
that really met my needs; a minimum of hokey advertising, lots of
informative links and news, more substance and less fluff. Refdesk
DOES IT. Thanks, refdesk, and keep up the good work. Hey -- all
you users who haven't contributed a buck or two, please do it so Bob
doesn't have to work until the end of December to meet the goal." - B.B.
- "Thanks for giving me many years of enjoying the myriad interesing,
educational and challenging experiences accessing the many links of
refdesk. A Joy that I willingly shared with others in introducing them
to refdesk and easily convincing them to make it their permanent home
page. Again, my thanks!" - T.D.
- "Thank you for all of your hard work in keeping together a fantastic
web page. One of the first things I planned to this new year was find
a home page where I could learn something and not be bombarded with,
well, to put it nicely, junk. I now look forward to turning on my
Mac and seeing what's up while learning a thing or two. And, I've been
turning on all of my friends as well. So, thank you again and I
wish you more viewers." - K.J.
- "I refer people to this site often because you offering a vast
assortment of sites with information and links that are informative,
educational and even fun. Sometimes they are hard hitting and in your
face like. And I have found that you are responsive and caring about
this site as well. I have written a couple of times and received
answers promptly with current information. You even have the honesty,
and maybe this is why I do refer your site; is that you are even
honest enoungh to say that you aren't sure, and direct me to the
location that I can reseach further. When I donated small sums, you
thanked me. You provide a service the is so enormous that as long one has access to the air waves, you provide the current to germinate
the seeds of thought. Thank you." - B.B.
- "I strongly feel that your dedication to having a web site that
supplies information to those who are in need is second to none. I have
your site as my home page and will forever." - D.
- "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for 10 very informative years. Your
site is the best! I've been using it from home and work for most of
those years and recommend it often." - M.G.D.
- "I really like the breaking news section with the
letter links to google, msn, yahoo and topics. I also like the way you
break out the news into sections such as business, oil, etc.
Refdesk is my homepage and always first stop as soon as computer boots
up." - R.S.
- "I don't know where I'd go for the kind of information and links
refdesk provides if it weren't there. It's been my homepage since I
discovered it years ago. It is the one site I can always recommend
others to start with to begin their information searches. Thanks for
this wonderful service." - R.B.
- "Introduced to refdesk by my father (age 83) several years ago. It has
been my homepage since then. It is THE source for information on just
about everything. Thank you for providing this family friendly
service." - D.D.
- "I have introduced this site to all my friends, acquaintances and
everyone I have met. This is a great site and I have been going
into this site since 1995!" - M.J.
- "There is not day gone by since 2001 that I have not used refdesk, that
should tell you how much I depends on daily refdesk tools, I have got
hooked all my friends and family and more, because you don't need anything
else once you got refdesk at your desktop. Please keep up the good work
and god bless refdesk." - G.K.
- "I'm proud to have your website as my homepage! In fact. I
recomend your website as a handy sourse of information and recource
enriched. I like your site for it's convenience, no more having to
regail myself in the hierarchy of the reference department of a
university library, no more microfiching, you've made it easier for
one to conduct his/her research in the comfort of his/her own home.
Congratulations again for your most exciting site!" - G.K.
- "Thanks for a job well done. Refdesk is a wonderful asset without any
tailoring or filters. I recommend your site on a daily basis to
collegues and friends." - C.S.
- "I have used refdesk as my home page for as long as I can remember it
being a website. It was in the middle 90's. I have shared it with my
friends and family. I think it is the most informative and handy
website I have ever visited. I don't recall how I found it but I
highly recommend everyone I know to use it. It has provided a valuable
service to me with all the information just a click or two away and
you immediately have all the information you want without doing a
search on the internet and getting junk in return, or spending hours
looking for something specific and not finding in it.... Thank you so very much
for all you have done and are doing to keep this website going." - T.D.
- "Couldn't do without refdesk! Refdesk is THE source for everything
from breaking news, to pertinent links to further information on
important subjects, to trivia, games, and most everything in between,
at my fingertips... and all organized for me. When folks ask how (and
where) I am able to find information on the www so quickly, I am more
than happy to sing the praises of this site - it simply runs circles
around any other homepage! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" - M.S.
- "Thank you for ten years of sobriety and ease of information access in
a world blundered with hype and falsehoods, medocrity and pretense. I
have used Refdesk since the beginning and offered it to everyone as
the best home page for my children in college and high school to
colleagues in academia and business. Thank you very much." - D.W.
- "One word can discribe refdesk AWESOME! Thanks for this great
resource you make happen." - W.S.
- "Thanks for being my home page and magic carpet for flying around the
Internet. You make me look smart. Good work." - K.P.
- "Refdesk is without a doubt the ultimate homepage, and the most
efficient way to access the most information I have ever found on the
Web. I cannot begin to count the number of people to whom I have
recommended Refdesk. What a great resource! Thanks for job well
done." - A.M.
- "Refdesk has been my home page now for over two years, and I still find
myself astonished at the depth of information you provide. Thank you
a thousand times." - N.S.
- "Your site is invaluable to me and my family and not a day goes by that I don't recommend it. I greatly appreciate the financial and other sacrifices you make to put together a quality website." - B.K.
- "I tell everyone I know to check out refdesk.com. This is my second
year of supporting refdesk. 2006 will be my third." - B.C.
- "Refdesk has been my homepage for years. I have not seen any site that
compares for easy access to useful and just plain interesting
information. I rarely endorse anything to anybody but I have suggested
to all my family and friends to fix refdesk as their homepage.
Congratulations on your anniversary." - B.P.
- "Refdesk was introduced to me last year after a dreadful series of
other home pages. When we were spyjacked and assigned another home
page without the ability to reassign to refdesk (along with a
multitude of other spyware nasties) I was truly ready to abandon
computer use altogether. Now we are spyware free and refdesk is my
home page...thank goodness!! It has so much and I have come to
appreciate it all the more." - M.V.
- "I just "tripped" across Refdesk, purely by accident. You
can't possibly believe what a nonteckie I am! You are exactly what I
have been looking for & am very happy about finding you. I am sick &
tired of the unspeakable, utter garbage on the Internet. I am sending
along a donation to keep things going. You are an invaluable resource
& I am behind you all the way.... We are far from wealthy, but
we will be supporting your work from now on. If you ever need
volunteer help to keep the door open, we are both very good beggars,
and have two good hands each. Best wishes for your continuing
success & Happy New Year!" - G.B.
- "This site is my homepage.It is the best website for reference out
there.I use it daily! Thanks so much." - M.
- "Before retiring, I worked in information systems for a large
corporation. I always believed that knowledge is valuable, and
preached that to our end users. I now edit a community newsletter and
on occasion recommend web sites. Once I found Refdesk, I only need to
recommend ONE site. Some people are leery of the web because the few
people who misuse it get all the headlines. Refdesk is a great service
that people can trust to find useful information." - S.G.
- "Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate and love
refdesk.com. It's my homepage, my absolute base of information. As a
library science student, I was introduced to it in a Reference class,
and ever since I've been hooked. Great resource...keep up the good
work! I hope it's around for another 10!" - E.M.
- "Although I do not have the funds to contribute to your Refdesk site -
I have told many, may people that it is simply the best entry on the
Net. I want to thank you for all the effort and congratulate you for
making the goal. Keep up the good work.
Retired and 75. " - L.M.
- "Best home page! I have been using for some years now. Keep up the
good work." - J.O.
- "I depend on you and use Refdesk any number of times every day. It is
a pleasure to give it my wholehearted recommendation, and I know that
my yearly contributions go to a unique and most worthwhile effort." - S.M.
- "Refdesk is indispensible to me. Computer use would be
infinitely poorer without Refdesk. Thank you, Bob, for
providing this extraordinarily useful and practical site." - R.S.
- "For over 6 years the Refdesk has been part of my daily life.
Both at home and work and now on the desktops of my may friends
and associates. Keep up the great work." - S.T.
- "Refdesk.com, under your guidance, contiunes to be a portal to all the
good things that the world wide web offers. While I will never
understand how you find the time to accompishish your websites's
mission, I want you to know that I speak for many in appreciation of
your web's accomplishments & your individual achievement to the
betterment of mankind. It is a lofty recognition well deserved." - C.S.
Search Net ]
[ Facts Subject Index ]
[ Facts Encyclopedia ] [ Newspapers USA/World ] [ Report Broken Links ]
[ Fast Facts ]
[ First Things First ] [ Quick Reference ] [ Site Map ]
[ Top of Page ] [ HOME ]
REFDESK - COMMENTS AND TESTIMONIALS
© 2005 refdesk.com