TOP RANKED RESOURCES:|
- 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica - "The Online Encyclopedia is based on the 11th Edition Encyclopedia Britannica, first published in 1911. This historically significant book is the last encyclopedia to offer articles in such extreme depth. Over 320 historians, 250 ministers, and many diplomats, theologists, scientists, and government officials from around the world personally wrote this encyclopedia's articles. With over 44 million words, we know you will find this text as enriching and exciting as we do!"
- CIA: The World Factbook - "The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 266 world entities. Our Reference tab includes: maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map."
- Columbia Encyclopedia - Containing nearly 57,000 entries and with more than 80,000 hypertext cross-references, the current Sixth Edition is among the most complete and up-to-date encyclopedias ever produced.
- Encyclopedia.com - provides more than 17,000 short articles from the Concise Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, Third Edition.
- Encyclopedia of Life - "The Encyclopedia of Life is an unprecedented global partnership between the scientific community and the general public. Our goal is to make freely available to anyone knowledge about all the world's organisms."
- Encyclopedia Smithsonian - "Encyclopedia Smithsonian, Links to on-line Smithsonian Resources and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions from Art to Zoo, Design, Crafts, Science, History, Technology, Biology, Astronomy, Dinosaurs, Birds, Quilts, Culture, Music, Politics, Geology and more."
- How Stuff Works - series of articles that explore the workings of electronics, computers, autos, finances, health, and scientific and social phenomena.
- Medical Encyclopedia: Medline Plus - "The A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia includes over 4,000 articles about diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries, and surgeries. It also contains an extensive library of medical photographs and illustrations. "
- Wikipedia - Free, open content, community-built encyclopedia with thousands of articles on topics from A to Z. Available in dozens of languages.