TOP RANKED RESOURCES:|
Maps and Driving Directions:
- Bing Maps
- Google Maps - an online service that allows users in the U.S. to find location information, navigate through maps, and get directions quickly and easily. Features include: Draggable maps, Integrated Local search results, and Turn-by-turn directions.
- MapMyRide.com - MapMyRide.com is a site where you can easily plot maps of your rides without a GPS, search for rides or routes globally, keep track of your routes including distances, and even calculate how many calories you've burned on one route versus another!
- MapQuest - Interactive maps for cities and towns worldwide. Provides driving directions and a road trip planner.
- Rand McNally - Driving directions between locations in the U.S.
- U.S. Address Lookup - Using this site you can verify any U.S. address and get information on the county, time zone, house of representative member, latitude, longitude, income, home prices and more.
- Yahoo! Maps - Interactive city maps with point-to-point driving directions, city guides, and SmartView, which displays restaurants, parks, ATMs, and other local features.
U.S. and World Maps:
- CIA: Reference Maps - Various maps of the world in both jpeg and pdf format that are updated annually.
- National Atlas of the United States - Design and explore interactive multimedia maps of the country's natural and socio-cultural landscapes.
- National Geographic Maps
- Altapedia - Contains full color physical and political maps as well as key facts and statistics on countries of the world.
- Library of Congress: Geography and Map Reading Room - The Geography and Map Division of the Library of Congress holds more than 4.5 million items, of which Map Collections represents only a small fraction, those that have been converted to digital form.
Satellite Images and Maps:
- Google Earth - Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.
- NASA World Wind - World Wind lets you zoom from satellite altitude into any place on Earth. Leveraging Landsat satellite imagery and Shuttle Radar Topography Mission data, World Wind lets you experience Earth terrain in visually rich 3D, just as if you were really there.
- TerraFly - Interactive site for flying over remote sensed imagery from different regions of the world.
- TerraServer.com - Repository of aerial photographs and satellite images taken from miles overhead that you can view online or purchase. Features digitized aerial photos of the United States.